FREE Value Added Service Option: Automated Recurring Billing (ARB)
We are pleased to offer Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) completely FREE for GatewaySetup clients! With ARB, you can increase customer loyalty while reducing authorization declines and overall administrative costs by offering customers a powerful new billing feature.
ARB provides you with a reliable and secure way to manage your customers’ recurring billing. Simply create an ARB “subscription” that includes the customer’s payment information, billing amount, and a specific billing interval and duration. ARB does the rest, automatically generating subsequent recurring transactions based on the schedule you set. There’s no manual entry of transactions required at each subsequent billing. Your customers will benefit from flexible, no hassle billing without the risk of late fees.
Highlights of the ARB service include:
Three methods for creating ARB subscriptions:
- Enter subscription information (using a form similar to the Virtual Terminal)
- Create a new subscription based on a previous, successfully authorized transaction (this functionality exists on the Transaction Detail page)
- Upload a file containing several subscription records to the Gateway
- Flexible billing intervals, from weekly to annually and anything in between
- Create upfront trial period and pricing
- Edit subscription information, including duration
- Search feature specifically for locating subscriptions
- View subscription detail
- View a summary of uploaded subscription files
- Opt for confirmation emails to you and the customer at the submission of each individual transaction in the subscription
- Opt for notification emails to alert you about the status of a subscription (e.g., subscription is suspended, completed or terminated; the credit card used for a subscription is due to expire, etc.)
Please enroll in ARB directly within your Authorize.Net Merchant Interface during activation of your account or after your Gateway is set up.
The Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) Service menu includes the following ARB options:
- Create a New ARB Subscription – A form similar to the Virtual Terminal.
- Upload ARB Subscription File – An upload window, similar to the Upload Transaction File feature.
- View Status of Uploaded ARB Subscriptions – A summary of all subscription files uploaded to the payment gateway. From here you may drill down to view subscription and transaction details.
- Search ARB Subscriptions – A search form specifically designed to help you find ARB subscriptions.
- Discontinue the ARB Service – This option allows you to discontinue the ARB service.
- The Transaction Detail page now displays the Create ARB Subscription from Transaction link; and if the transaction is part of a subscription, a subscription status summary is also provided at the top of the page.
- The Manage Contacts page now lists several ARB subscription notification email options.
- The Email Receipts setting page allows you to indicate whether the customer should receive an email receipt at the successful authorization of each recurring transaction in a subscription.
For detailed information on how to use the Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) service, please see the new ARB help files. Log into the Merchant Interface, click Automated Billing in the main menu, and then click the Help link in the top right corner of each ARB page. These help files will provide you with contextual help for each ARB function.
NOTE: ISPs and Web Hosts can also utilize third-party Recurring Billing solutions such as ModernBill, PerlBill, ClientExec, WHMAP, Platypus, Emerald, Billing-Orchard, OptiGold and many others.