Authorize.Net’s FREE Payment Tokenization, called Customer Information Manager (CIM) is a Value Added Service option that allows you to store your customers’ sensitive payment information on Authorize.Net’s secure servers for use in future transactions. CIM helps eliminate steps in the checkout process for repeat customers, potentially increasing loyalty and revenue. It can also help you comply with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard, since customer information is no longer stored on your local servers.
Why should you enable CIM for your business?
- Simplify PCI Compliance – You are concerned with PCI compliance and protecting your customers’ confidential information.
- Process Recurring Transactions or Usage Charges – You bill your customers different amounts or on different days each month, or only when the service is used. (e.g. utility companies or pay-as-you-go cell phones)
- Store Customer Data – You want to provide returning customers with the convenience of not having to re-enter their personal data every time they visit your Web site.Are concerned with PCI compliance
- Provide Payment Flexibility – Your customers can store multiple payment methods for repeat purchases.
- Save Multiple Shipping Locations – Your customers can also save multiple shipping locations
Please enroll in CIM directly within your Authorize.Net Merchant Interface during activation of your account or after your Gateway is set up.